Ready, Set Go?! This part of your journey is critical to landing the most suitable opportunity for you… but before you jump right in an start randomly clicking “apply, apply, apply!” Stop doing this immediately!
Begin your search more intentionally and proactively, remember that your job now is to find a job and you need to do this to the best of your ability, start with asking yourself these three questions:
- * Which companies inspire me and have a culture I will fit in with and enjoy
- Have I highlighted my skills in my cover letter enough (NB: not every situation requires a cover letter, especially if you have the value profile clearly articulated on page 1 of your CV)
- Which customers or suppliers did I get on well within my current role and are they in the sort of companies I could work with
Next, do a little bit of research and approach the HR manager directly – use this moment as your personal sales pitch. If you are not able to make contact with the HR Manager make sure your cover letter is compelling.
#KeyTip Always refer to people in the company that you have worked with in case the HR Manager wants to do some research of his/her own.
Remember looking for a job is quite often a bit of a lottery, you will very rarely hit gold on the first play, so don’t let this get you down. The more often you make application, the more likely it is that you will find the right job perfectly suited to you.
#KeyTip We highly recommend you accompany your application with a Video CV (Lights, camera Action!). Our Talent Managers are able to help you with this.
From our Blog
- Background Checks Ensure Top Talent Candidates
- Recruiter Tips for Preparing a CV
- How Developers and Engineers Can Switch To The Renewables Industry
- Recruiter Tips on How to Job Search & Get Noticed
- Job Readiness & the Power Of Work
- 5 Ways To Sabotage Your Interview
- How to Mentally Prepare For Your Next Job
- The People On The Bus
- Culture Eats Strategy For Breakfast
- Clean Up Your Online Presence & Land That Dream Job
- Making a Great Video CV
- Why Am I Still Unemployed?
- 14 Common Mistakes On CVs & How To Avoid Them
- 5 Things Recruiters Actually Look At On Your CV
- Are You Inexperienced? Don’t Stress!
- Why Networking Is Key
- What Your Employment History Says About You
- 10 Things That Will Help You Stand Out In An Interview.
- You Can Do Better…By 10%
- Most Valuable Skills For Employment In South Africa