Congratulations Graduate! Now that you are ready and geared up to enter into the working environment; we have compiled a few go-to tips to help you along:
- Mentally prepare – Research your ideal role and potential companies! Often corporate companies hold graduate programmes; research these programmes, and note their lists of required skills and competencies. If you fall short, we suggest you work towards levelling-up!
- Level up – Have you noticed you need a little bit more experience or insight to stand out from the pool? Why not add a few short courses to your resume; we highly recommend you try out Google’s FREE Online Courses
- Prepare your Online Profiles – Today, the majority of recruiters search and screen their candidates online! Prepare your social media platforms to best represent your professional aptitude, career goals and personal interests. You can do this by selecting a social media platform that will be representing your industry capabilities example Twitter is a fantastic platform for budding journalists, PR and Communications Grads to boast your copywriting and general knowledge skills. Instagram is the perfect platform for wanna-be art directors, graphic designers etc. Above all make sure your LinkedIn account is up to scratch (list your top skills and have your Grad team and lecturers endorse your skills). Then begin networking and connecting with people in your industry.
- Prepare your CV and portfolio – Read More Here
- Job Search – Now that you have cleaned up your social platforms, you’re ready to begin your job search! Searching for that perfect job is a game of keywords. To find out more read the blog
- Applying for that dream job – This process takes time, patience and resilience as it may often involve a bit of rejection! We recommend you take good care of yourself during this part of the process, eat well, get good rest and exercise often to release those feel-good vibes.
- Yay, you scored an interview! Now what? Begin by researching the company culture, look at the current employees, their dress code and how they interact with one another – try and emulate this in the interview. Try not to sabotage your interview by avoiding these NO-NO’S
#DidYouKnow our team of qualified Talent Managers are specialised in helping you highlight you’re unique attributes that help you stand out from the crowd?!
Get in touch with our team and set up an appointment and they will help review your CV and add you to our #TopTalent talent pool!